Kuratko-Nosek Funeral Home’s priority is the safety, well-being and health of our families, communities and caring professional staff. We are actively monitoring the fluid changes with the COVID-19 situation to ensure a safe place for the families we serve. We are taking proactive measures to prevent the spread of any illnesses.
Given the latest public health updates concerning the Covid-19 Coronavirus outbreak, we want to share with you the steps we are taking to protect you and our staff against the spread of the virus, as well as everyday illnesses such as the common cold and the flu.
- Gathering of statistical information and obituary information will be done over the telephone, email or fax.
- Service arrangements will be made over the telephone.
- In-person meetings will be limited to merchandise selection and obtaining required signatures and will only be scheduled if the family does not have the ability to do this via email.
- Any in-person meeting will be limited to the person primarily responsible for finalizing arrangements.
- We have streamlined the arrangement process by adding a PLAN NOW button on our website (located on the top right of every webpage). You can easily complete funeral arrangements and merchandise selection from the comfort and safety of your own home.
Kuratko-Nosek Funeral Home has adopted the following procedures per CDC and the Illinois Public Health Department guidelines as of June 26, 2020 and these policies are in effect until further notice:
- Visitation and wakes with viewings will only be conducted when the body has been embalmed.
According to the CDC, at this time, there is no known risk associated with being in the same room at a funeral or visitation service with the body of someone who died of confirmed or suspected COVID-19.
- Visitation/wakes can proceed with family and friends, but cannot exceed 50 people in attendance.
- Social distancing should be observed at all times and masks are required while in the building.
- If you are sick, please stay home; it is strongly recommended that no one from a vulnerable population attend.
We thank you for your understanding and patience as we navigate during this challenging and unprecedented time. We are continuing to monitor it and take precautions as necessary. We have always been dedicated to providing our families with the highest level of service and professional care in every way possible, and we believe implementing these precautionary measures is a reflection of our care and dedication to you.
The Nosek Family and Staff at Kuratko-Nosek Funeral Home