Personalized Funeral and Cremation Services in Berwyn, IL
For over 60 years, Kuratko-Nosek Funeral Home and Cremation Services has offered compassionate, dignified, and affordable assistance to families who have lost their loved ones. Our services focus on the individual family we are working with and their specific wants and needs. Contact us at 708-447-2500 or visit us at 2447 Desplaines Ave, North Riverside, IL 60546.
You will find some funeral businesses have grown to be large corporations with cookie-cutter processes for each family to save the most money. When you choose us for funeral and cremation in Berwyn, IL, you will find that we are a family celebrating your family. Our business is tight-knit and personable. We will help you make choices that are specific to your family’s needs.
We have a rule at our business that we will only hold one funeral service or viewing at a time. This means that you will have our staff’s full attention, and all hands will be on deck, ready to fill in when a need arises. When you have everyone working together for your success, it’s guaranteed that all of the guests will feel comfortable and at peace during the services.
Options for Funeral and Cremation in Berwyn, IL
It may seem overwhelming to start the funeral planning process. There are so many options, and how can you please everyone by choosing the right one? Consider the variety of end-of-life services and choose what best fits your family and your loved one who passed on.
- Funeral and Tradition Burial: This option is pretty straightforward. A casket is chosen for the deceased, and you can arrange a visitation for close friends to come and say their final goodbyes. Then a formal program is held with the casket present. Immediate family and friends share the eulogy and stories they may have about their loved one. Then the funeral party can proceed to the cemetery, where the body will be laid to rest. By choosing burial, your family and friends will be able to visit the gravesite at their convenience for years to come.
- Cremation with Memorial Service: While people are choosing cremation more and more these days, it doesn’t mean that you skip a gathering all together. You can still gather together for a memorial to honor the life of your loved one who has passed away. This program will look similar to the funeral without the body of the deceased present.
- Direct Cremation: If that sounds appealing to you, to skip the formal services of a memorial, then you can choose cremation without a gathering. Instead, you could travel with immediate family to a special place that was adored by the deceased and scatter their ashes there in an intimate gathering.
- Religious Ceremonies: Our funeral home is well-versed in accommodating all religions and the traditions that come with that. We treat every ceremony with the utmost respect, and your comfort is our priority. Please don’t hesitate to make any religious requests you might have.
- Celebration of Life: When you decide what type of service you may want to have for your loved one, you may also consider a less traditional option. If it doesn’t feel appropriate to celebrate the deceased by dressing up and sitting quietly, think about a less formal gathering. A celebration of life can be held outside or in a large room where you can display favorite sports or hobbies that your loved one held dear. Friends and family can be free to walk around, chatting, and sharing memories. There can be an open microphone set up where anyone can get up and tell a story.
- Veteran Services: If your family member is a veteran, then be sure to ask about our Veteran services. We are so grateful for the women and men who serve our country and offer special burial options along with monetary discounts.
As you weigh the options for funeral and cremation in Berwyn, IL, know that our funeral home will make it a service full of memories and love no matter what you choose. We understand how important this final celebration is for you and your family.
We know that death can be unexpected and are always ready to plan a funeral with just a few days’ notice. We also know how relieved families are when they find that their loved one did some pre-planning with a funeral home. Write down your wants and needs for your end-of-life services. Take a moment to meet with our funeral director and record your wishes regarding burial or cremation, a formal service or celebration of life, and an urn or scattering of ashes. You will save your family unneeded stress when the time comes.
You have come to the right place for funeral and cremation in Berwyn, IL. You can set up an appointment with Kuratko-Nosek Funeral Home and Cremation Services for pre-planning or immediate services. We are conveniently located at 2447 Desplaines Ave North Riverside, IL 60546. If you have experienced a sudden death in your family, call as soon as possible to get plans started. Our expert staff will make you feel at ease and instantly relieve your stress of planning a funeral. You can reach us at (708) 447-2500.
Funeral & Cremation
Is cremation a substitute for a funeral?
- No, cremation is simply a way for human remains to be prepared for final disposal. Learn More.
Who performs a cremation?
- Specifically, mortician means the person in preparation for a funeral who handles the body. Because most funeral homes are small local operations, the funeral director is also often the person who embalms and beautifies the body. This is usually the owner of the funeral home, too. Learn More About Cremation.
Can cremation ashes be split?
- Since the cremated remains (a.k.a,’ ashes’) are a gritty, dusty substance, they can be broken after cremation, much like sand or gravel. This implies that you are not restricted to only one choice for disposal. Instead, the remains can be divided and: Keep the greater portion at home and distribute some at a favorite spot. Learn More.