Family-Owned Cremation and Funeral Services in Riverside, IL
Kuratko-Nosek Funeral Home and Cremation Services prides ourselves in our ability to personalize and individualize each funeral service so that it is a truly memorable experience and a fitting tribute. For 60 years, we have served families in their time of need. Contact us at 708-447-2500 or visit us at 2447 Desplaines Ave, North Riverside, IL 60546.
Something that is common about cremation and funeral in Riverside, IL, is that no one is experienced in planning a funeral, for a good reason. This is a task you may be faced with only once or twice during your lifetime when you experience the loss of a loved one that is close to you. That’s why it’s important to leave the details and stress to licensed funeral directors who can plan a big event on a few days’ notice without a hitch. Our team has the process down, and you can rest assured, knowing that your loved one will be honored appropriately.
We have been in the business for 6 generations, leading the industry in customer satisfaction. We have a money-back guarantee policy. Your big event will be beautiful and memorable, and free of complications. Some funeral homes may offer a cookie-cutter process that is impersonal. Our services focus on the individual family we are working with and their specific wants and needs. Whether your family member is a Veteran or you are looking for a celebration of life rather than a traditional funeral, we can accommodate any requests.
We also are experienced in catering to all types of religious ceremonies and traditions. Please do not hesitate to request a practice that you think is too rare. We have served people of various religions throughout the years and are familiar with it all.
Choosing Between Funeral and Cremation Practices in Riverside, IL
You may be wondering how to lay your loved one to rest. Would it be appropriate to choose a traditional burial? Or would a cremation accommodate the needs of your family better? Think about these factors when making your decision.
- Funeral or Memorial Service: If you are hesitant to choose a cremation because you also want to have a formal service to honor your loved one, then you can have both. Cremation can be accompanied by a memorial service, which is similar to a funeral, but without the body of the deceased present.
- Cost of Services: It is widely known that the cost of a funeral can add stress to a family that is grieving their loss. A funeral home should always be transparent with price breakdowns and never surprise you with hidden costs. When you choose a burial, the cost of embalming the body, selecting a casket, and paying for the burial plot can add up. For cremation, you eliminate a lot of those costs, and it can be a more reasonable option when it comes to finances.
- Gravesite or Urn or Scattering of Ashes: Consider the needs of your family. Are you all scattered around the country, or do you live near a central location? If you choose burial, you are offering a place where anyone can visit the grave at any time. This can bring peace to all members of the family and close friends. If you choose a cremation, you can keep the ashes in an urn to travel with you if you were to move far away. Or the ashes can be kept in keepsake jewelry and spread out with several family members. A third option would be to scatter the ashes in a meaningful place to the family and the deceased.
- Environmental Effects: When you choose a traditional burial, the body will need to be embalmed and buried into the earth. This process isn’t ideal for the environment. Cremation is the better option when it comes to saving the planet.
- Dignified Process: If you are worried about the process of cremation, then please know that our licensed funeral directors perform each cremation individually. Your loved one’s ashes are tracked throughout the whole process, and their body is treated with the utmost respect. With cremation and funeral options in Riverside, IL, the deceased will be treated like a member of our own family.
We know these decisions are important to the family, and there is no one-size-fits-all when it comes to the end-of-life services offered. You can consult close family members and even journals of the deceased to look for any input on how to make decisions on funeral or cremation.
You can imagine what a relief it would be to your loved ones if you were to meet with a funeral director for pre-planning services. If death is months away or years, you will never regret sitting down and recording some preferences. You can decide on cremation or burial. You can write down songs you would like performed, who you would like to speak, and passages from the scriptures or a life motto that is important to you.
For cremation and funeral choices in Riverside, IL, look no further. Kuratko-Nosek Funeral Home and Cremation Services has been in the business for more than 6 decades and will make your day the most special. Our office is located at 2447 Desplaines Ave North Riverside, IL 60546. Please call us today to schedule an appointment: (708) 447-2500.
Funeral & Cremation
How much is funeral service in Illinois?
- The cost of a funeral in Illinois, depending on the service you are offered, can range from $2,770 to $10,000 or more. If you pass away without savings or a life insurance policy, your family will have trouble trying to pay for your funeral. Learn More.
How much is cremation in Illinois?
- For several reasons, cremation is becoming much more common, but one of the main reasons is probably because it is much less costly. It costs between $3,000-$ 5,000 for a standard cremation funeral (where the deceased is cremated after a conventional service). About Funeral Service.
How long does cremation take in Illinois?
- It is dependent on the individual’s weight. Cremation takes two to three hours at a typical operating temperature of between 1,500 degrees F to 2,000 degrees F for an average adult. Learn more about cremation.